Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter, Ooh! Harry Potter, yeah!

So I have lost track of what day this is into my trip but as it were I am going to tell you all about Harry Potter fest! So this last Monday and Tuesday Anne-Laure and I, along with some other friends, attended a Harry Potter marathon at the REX theatre in Paris. Let me start off by saying that this was no ordinary theatre, oh no sir, this was the most magnificent and largest theatre I have ever seen! Nearly the size of six theatres put into one, it had three layers and the third was almost like a stadium! The seat were made of leather and the side walls were decorated with balconies and statues, almost like a scene from Romeo and Julliet, and the ceiling had tiny little strung about it to look like stars. When the first movie was about to begin, the curtains parted to reveal the enourmous screen! I would estimate that it was nearly the size of 3 screens put together. We watched the first four Harry Potter movies on Monday, and the last four on Tuesday, we watched so many they all started to blend together! But just before the last film, the premiere of the final Harry Potter ( a whole day early I might add) the hundreds of Harry Potter fans in the audience were treated to a delight when a few of the actors from the films, including the twins brothers and dad of Ron Weasley and Luna, payed us a visit and said I few words up on stage! I have never heard so much screaming I would not have been suprised if I had gone deaf by the end. After the actors went backstage and the crowd stopped cheering, the final movie started and I wont spoil it for you but it was definetly worth seeing.. what a great movie! After the movie ended at about 3 am, we all went to the pizza hut across the street. This was no ordinary pizza hut, this was a restaurant! It had nice leather seats and candlelit tables and everything! I must have had the strangest look on my face because everyone was asking me if I was okay, I was dumb struck. After eating a buffet of pizza with forks and knives, it was nearly 4, and since we were spending the night at Meradith's grandmother's house in the city we went to get on the metro but soon realized that they had stopped running a few hours ago; so the whole lot of us just walked around the streets of Paris for an hour or so until the mètro opened. Such a nice time it was, so peaceful and beautifully looking at all the old building with no people or cars around, one of my favorite moments of the trip. Until next time.. kisses:)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiiful. amazing! I love you baby!!! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! HP is one of my favorite all time series. (although in many cases the books created pictures in my mind that the films just couldn't match.) Paris is on my bucket list. I hope you'll post pics on fb for your mom to share. We'd all love to see them. au revoir

    ReplyDelete