Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2: Chausseurs, chausseurs, chausseurs!

So I have survived my second day in France, and boy what a day it has been! After such an excrutiatingly ( spelling does not matter here) long flight and adjusting to the time difference, especially with food as we eat breakfast at about 1 or 2 am San Diego time, I gave myself a good ten hours of sleep last night to prepare for today. I woke up this morning to no alarm, a strange feeling indeed, only due to the fact that my room was now full of light and I couldnt bare to sleep any longer. After getting ready for the day, Anne-Laure came downstairs to ask if I would like to go shoe shopping today in Paris with her Aunt. Naturally, I said no.. Yeah right;)I was so terribly excited I felt like I wanted to "shout it from the top of a mountain." Anne- Laure helped me pick out a très chic ensemble and we headed out toward the train station. Iconceivable! A mere 30 minute train ride into the center of Paris! Once there we picked up some sandwich de poulet from Bonne Journée, and also had quite the run-in with an awkward moment as three men were standing close to where a line would be likely to form; and of course I have no idea how to say " are you guys in line," so we proceded to stand there just looking at each other until Anne-Laure pulls me through them with a polite exusez-moi, thus ending the awkward moment but not my humiliation. Soon after, Anne-Laure's Aunt arrives and we take the mètro to the underground shopping center. Shoes, shoes, shoes as far as the eye can see! I help Anne-Laure try on many because they are a part of her birthday present, which was on Monday, but I manage to sneak in a few pairs to try on for myself. Anne- Laure picks a cute pair of beige wedges, which I learn are called chauseur courton, and we head back out into the mall where I learn just how much of a firecracker her Aunt is, and how much I love her for it! She asked me how long I was staying in France, and, of course, I couldnt figure out a word of it, but when Anne-Laure trys to translate she quickly shushes her and says " Non,non, non!" Then looks at me and only says it slower, after about the third time I got it and I was so glad that she didnt baby me and just give it to me in english. But she was also so incredibly sweet and bought me a ring, some earings and shoes to boot! Elle était très genereuse! After a long day of shopping we had to say quick goodbyes and jump on the train back to Melun where we had McDonalds for dinner! I had never seen such a clean McDonalds in my life and I got to order a big mac "Le Big Mac." A great day over all and now its time to get ready for bed! Bonuit ma famille!

1 comment:

  1. Le Big Mac...our Pulp Fiction favorite! next is a Royal with cheese....sounds amazing baby, savor every moment :)I love you!

    ReplyDelete