Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bonuit from France

Welp.. I made it! After a very long and cramped flight I am happy to say that I am now writing this blog from the comfort of my own room at the Ségla home. My host family is extremely welcoming and sincere. They have all been so kind and helpful to me, even though my French is extremely sub-par. I will rest up tonight and try my best to speak only in French ( since we have been speaking mostly in English since I arrived this morning) tomorrow. Getting to this point has been quite a whirlwind of emotions since I said goodbye to you all yesterday and my mom this morning. Anxiety, apprehention, confusion, and a little bit of anger toward some noisy fellow passengers has left me a little drained, yet in the kaos of it all I found tranquility in simple pleasure like watching a beautiful sunset and then a magnificent sunrise, both with cosmic arrays of color in just a short three hour time period. How many people in the world can say that? Once I arrived in Paris I was greeted outside the terminal by Anne-Laure and her father who ran to welcome me right away. They also expected me to have much more luggage than I had and could not understand how a teenage girl could fit all of her clothes and shoes into two carry on bags.. but then again, they've never met a Kapalla;) After we left the airport it was about 45 minute drive to Melun, and their house in La Rochette. They have such a lovely home, and quite spacious too; each of the three daughters have their own room along with Marie-Line and Cycille's room, and I am fortunate enouph to have my own room downstairs which is usually like their playroom. After getting settled in I took a nap and awoke a few hours later to a lunch of pork, hashbrowns and a sort of cheese- cucmber salad, all were very good, then after a second nap I, Anne-Laure and Katcha watched a French Rock & Roll Opera musical about Mozart, then we had dinner which was an interesting combination of pasta and ham slices.. and it was so good! Im loving the French food already. Then I read for a bit and said Bonuit to the family and now here I am writing about this long and amazing day! And now its time for sleep! I love you all, until next time! Au Revoir!

1 comment: